Список форумов пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ пїЅ пїЅпїЅ пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ пїЅ пїЅпїЅ

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

Start Home_in_France Learning_in_France Job_in_France Health_in_France Photogallery Links
Палестинское государство
На страницу 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  След.

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ пїЅ пїЅпїЅ -> ...в Израиле
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Zabougornov
Добрый Администратор (иногда)

Откуда: Обер-группен-доцент, ст. руководитель группы скоростных свингеров, он же Забашлевич Оцаат Поэлевич

СообщениеДобавлено: Воскресенье, 13 Сентябрь 2009, 10:15:20    Заголовок сообщения: Палестинское государство Ответить с цитатой

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1114129.html
EU sources: Terms set for renewal of Israel-PA talks
By Akiva Eldar
Tags: Israel News, Palestinians

Negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians will resume next month on the basis of an understanding that the establishment of a Palestinian state will be officially announced in two years.

Palestinian and European Union sources told Haaretz that talks will initially focus on determining the permanent border between Israel and the West Bank.

Due to the Palestinians' reservations over establishing a state with temporary borders, as was proposed during the second stage of the road map, this step will probably be defined as "early recognition" of Palestine.
Advertisement

It is understood that this will be accompanied by a public American and European declaration that the permanent border will be based on the border of June 4, 1967. Both sides may agree to alter the border based on territorial exchanges.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's refusal to discuss Jerusalem and the Palestinian refugees in the initial negotiation stages will not be allowed to delay the announcement of an independent Palestinian state.

Likewise, Netanyahu's demand that the Palestinians recognize Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people, and that the Arab world embark on normalizing ties with Israel, will not constitute preconditions to an "early recognition" of Palestine.

A Palestinian source said Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has decided that the chief negotiator at the Palestine Liberation Organization, Dr. Saeb Erekat, will lead the Palestinian negotiating team.

Abbas may also hold private meetings with Prime Minister Netanyahu at the same time, as he did with Netanyahu's predecessor, Ehud Olmert.

Netanyahu said last week in private talks that the differences with the Americans over the settlements now center on whether the freeze in construction will last nine months, as he is proposing, or a full year, which is what the Americans are asking.

The prime minister said he was confident that a compromise would be reached in the coming days, possibly during a meeting scheduled with U.S. special envoy to the Middle East, George Mitchell, who arrived in Israel last night.

An agreement with the Americans on the issue of settlement construction is expected to pave the way for a tripartite meeting in New York between Abbas, Netanyahu and U.S. President Barack Obama at the UN General Assembly.

Meanwhile, a senior diplomatic source said yesterday that the proposal of the European Union High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy, Javier Solana, that the United Nations accept Palestine as a full member within two years, was made with the support at the highest levels of the U.S. administration.

The plan is based, among others things, on ideas President Shimon Peres recently put before Netanyahu and foreign leaders, including Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, as well as Mitchell and Spanish Foreign Minister Miguel Moratinos. During those conversations, Peres referred to the Prime Minister of the Palestinian Authority, Salam Fayyad, as a "Palestinian Ben-Gurion."

The Israeli president was referring to Fayyad's plan to build the infrastructure for a Palestinian state and to declare its independence as a state de facto, in two years.

Netanyahu has not yet commented on Fayyad's plan.
Zabougornov

Откуда: Обер-группен-доцент, ст. руководитель группы скоростных свингеров, он же Забашлевич Оцаат Поэлевич

СообщениеДобавлено: Вторник, 22 Сентябрь 2009, 14:38:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

http://www.newstatesman.com/middle-east/2009/09/israel-palestinian-hamas
Exclusive: Hamas leader interview

Ken Livingstone

Published 17 September 2009

In a world exclusive, Ken Livingstone discusses religion, violence and the chances for peace with the Hamas leader Khaled Meshal

The key to peace in the Middle East is restoration of international law and the recognition of the right of both Palestinians and Israeli Jews to live in peace and security side by side. As President Obama says, there is no peace process today. Israel's prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, continues to extend illegal settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem and maintain a near-complete blockade of Gaza. Palestinians fire ineffectual rockets into Israel. Israel regularly attacks Palestinian territories with modern weapons.

No major conflict can be resolved without each side talking to the other. That was the case in South Africa, Ireland and countless other situations where people said they would never talk to their opponents. I was vilified in the Eighties for saying that, to resolve the Irish conflict, you had to talk to Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness.

In the Middle East, peace can only be achieved through discussion between the elected representatives of both the Israelis and the Palestinians - and that means Hamas, which won a big majority in the last Palestinian parliamentary election, as well as Fatah. This does not mean that I agree with the views of Hamas, Fatah or the government of Israel. Far from it: I do not. For example, I think a number of passages in the original Hamas charter are unacceptable and should be repudiated. Many observers believe that this is also the view of some in Hamas.

Yet, for too many people, Hamas as an organisation remains opaque. What they know about it is derived from a hostile media; it has no face. Most would probably think its leader is some disturbed Osama Bin Laden figure. In fact, al-Qaeda's supporters in Gaza are so hostile to Hamas that they have declared war on it.

For these reasons, I thought it important to interview the de facto leader of Hamas, Khaled Meshal, who lives in exile in Syria. Not every issue is clear. But at the beginning of any peace process, what matters most is engagement. Dialogue is necessary to get to clarity and mutual understanding. Sinn Fein did not answer every question at the beginning and neither does Binyamin Netanyahu today. The answers from Meshal come at a time of heightened tensions and renewed death threats against him, adding to the permanent danger of assassination bids not only by the Israelis, but also al-Qaeda supporters in the region.

I hope this interview will help to make the case for the dialogue that is needed, which I believe is inevitable. It is simply a question of how much suffering there will be, on both sides, before we get there.

Ken Livingstone: Could you explain a little about your childhood and the experiences that shaped your development into the person you are today?

Khaled Meshal: I was born in the West Bank village of Silwad near Ramallah in 1956. In my early age, I learned from my father how he was part of the Palestinian revolution against the British mandate in Palestine in the Thirties and how he fought, alongside other Palestinians using primitive weapons, against the well-equipped and trained Zionist gangs attacking Palestinian villages in 1948.

I lived in Silwad for 11 years until the 1967 war, when I was forced with my family, like hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, to leave home and settle in Jordan. That was a shocking experience I will never forget.

KL: What happened to you after the war?

KM: Soon afterwards, I left Jordan for Kuwait, where my father had already been working and living since before 1967. After completing my primary education in 1970, I joined the prestigious Abdullah al-Salim Secondary School. In the early Seventies, it was a hub of intense political and ideological activity.

During my second year at al-Salim school, I joined the Muslim Brotherhood (al-Ikhwan al-Muslimun). Upon finishing my fourth year successfully I secured admission to Kuwait University, where I studied for a BSc degree in physics.

Kuwait University had an active branch of the General Union of Palestinian Students (GUPS), which had been under the absolute control of the Fatah movement. I and my fellow Islamists decided, in 1977, to join GUPS, which we had previously shunned, and contest its leadership election. However, working from within GUPS proved impossible; we felt constantly impeded and realised we Islamists would never be given a chance. By 1980, two years after I graduated, my juniors decided to leave GUPS and form their own Palestinian association on campus.

Many of the students had become disillusioned with the Palestinian leadership, who seemed intent on settling for much less than what they
had grown up dreaming of, namely the complete liberation of Palestine and the return of all the refugees to their homes.

KL: What is the situation in Gaza today?

KM: Gaza today is under siege. Crossings are closed most of the time and for months victims of the Israeli war on Gaza have been denied ­access to construction materials to rebuild their destroyed homes. Schools, hospitals and homes in many parts of the Gaza Strip are in need of rebuilding. Tens of thousands of people remain homeless. As winter approaches, the conditions of these victims will only get worse in the cold and rain. One and a half million people are held hostage in one of the biggest prisons in the history of humanity. They are unable to travel freely out of the Strip, whether for medical treatment, for education or for other needs. What we have in Gaza is a disaster and a crime against humanity perpetrated by the Israelis. The world community, through its silence and indifference, colludes in this crime.

KL: Why do you think Israel is still imposing the siege on Gaza?

KM: The Israelis claim that the siege is for security reasons. The real intention is to pressure Hamas by punishing the entire population. The sanctions were put in place soon after Hamas won the Palestinian elections in January 2006. While security is one of their concerns, it is not the main motivation. The primary objective is to provoke a coup against the results of the democratic elections that brought Hamas to power. The Israelis and their allies seek to impose failure on Hamas by persecuting the people. This is a hideous and immoral endeavour. Today, the siege continues despite the fact that we have, for the past six months, observed a ceasefire. Last year, a truce was observed from June to December 2008. Yet the siege was never lifted, and the sanctions remained in place. Undermining Hamas is the main objective of the siege. The Israelis hope to turn the people of Gaza against Hamas by increasing the suffering of the entire population of the Strip.

KL: How many supporters of Hamas and elected representatives of Hamas are there in prison in Israel? Have they all been charged and convicted of crimes?

KM: Out of a total of 12,000 Palestinian captives in Israeli detention, around 4,000 are Hamas members. These include scores of ministers and parliamentarians (Palestinian Legislative Council members). Around ten have recently been released, but about 40 PLC members remain in detention. Some have been given sentences, but many are held in what the Israelis call administrative detention. The only crime these people are accused of is their association with Hamas's parliamentary group. Exercising one's democratic right is considered a crime by Israel. All these Palestinians are brought before an Israeli system of justice that has nothing to do with justice. The Israeli judiciary is an instrument of the occupation. In Israel, there are two systems of justice: one applies to Israelis and another applies to the Palestinians. This is an apartheid regime.

KL: What part, if any, do other states and insti­tutions, such as the US, the EU, Britain, Egypt, or the Palestinian Authority, play in the blockade of Gaza?

KM: The blockade of Gaza would never have succeeded had it not been for the collusion of regional and international powers.

KL: How do you think the blockade can be lifted?

KM: In order for the blockade to be lifted, the rule of international law must be respected. The basic human rights of the Palestinians and their right to live in dignity and free from persecution would have to be acknowledged. There has to be an international will to serve justice and uphold the basic principles of international human rights law. The international community would have to free itself from the shackles of Israeli pressure, speak the truth and act accordingly.

KL: Israel says that the bombing and invasion of Gaza last year was in response to repeated breaking of the ceasefire by Hamas and the firing of rockets into southern Israel. Is this the case?

KM: The Israelis are not telling the truth. We ­entered into a truce deal with Israel from 19 June to 19 December 2008. Yet the blockade was not lifted. The deal entailed a bilateral ceasefire, lifting the blockade and opening the crossings. We fully abided by the ceasefire while Israel only partially observed it, and towards the end of the term it resumed hostilities. Throughout that ­period, Israel maintained the siege and only intermittently opened some of the crossings, ­allowing no more than 10 per cent of the basic needs of the Gazan population to get through.
Israel killed the potential for renewing the truce because it deliberately and repeatedly violated it.

I have always informed my western visitors, including the former US president Jimmy Carter, that the moment Hamas is offered a truce that
includes lifting the blockade and opening the crossings, Hamas will adopt a positive stance. So far, no one has made us any such offer. As far as we are concerned, the blockade amounts to a declaration of war that warrants self-defence.

KL: What are the ideology and goals of Hamas?

KM: Our people have been the victims of a colonial project called Israel. For years, we have suffered various forms of repression. Half of our people have been dispossessed and are denied the right to return to their homes, and half live under an occupation regime that violates their basic human rights. Hamas struggles for an end to occupation and for the restoration of our people's rights, including their right to return home.

KL: What is your view of the cause of the conflict between the state of Israel and the Palestinians?

KM: The conflict is the outcome of aggression and occupation. Our struggle against the Israelis is not because they are Jewish, but because they invaded our homeland and dispossessed us. We do not accept that because the Jews were once persecuted in Europe they have the right to take our land and throw us out. The injustices suffered by the Jews in Europe were horrible and criminal, but were not perpetrated by the Palestinians or the Arabs or the Muslims. So, why should we be punished for the sins of others or be made to pay for their crimes?

KL: Do you believe that Israel intends to continue to expand its borders?

KM: Israel does not, officially, have stated borders. When Israel was created in our homeland 62 years ago, its founders dreamed of a "Greater Israel" that extended from the Nile to the Euphrates. Expansionism manifested itself on different occasions: in 1956, in 1967 and later on in the occupation of parts of Lebanon in the Eighties. Arab weakness, Israeli military superiority, the support given to Israel by the western powers, and the massacres it was prepared to commit against unarmed civilians in Palestine, Egypt and Lebanon, enabled it to expand from time to time. Although expansionism still lurks in the minds of many Israelis, it would seem that this is no longer a practical option. Lebanese and Palestinian resistance has forced Israel to withdraw unilaterally from lands it had previously occupied through war and aggression. While in the past Israel was able to defeat several Arab armies, today it faces formidable resistance that will not only check its expansionism but also, in time, force it to relinquish more of the land that it illegally occupies.

KL: What are your principal goals? Is Hamas primarily a political or a religious organisation?

KM: Hamas is a national liberation movement. We do not see a contradiction between our Islamic identity and our political mission. While we engage the occupiers through resistance and struggle to achieve our people's rights, we are proud of our religious identity that derives from Islam. Unlike the experience of the Europeans with Christianity, Islam does not provide for, demand or recognise an ecclesiastical authority. It simply provides a set of broad guidelines whose detailed interpretations are subject to and the product of human endeavour (ijtihad).

KL: Are you committed to the destruction of Israel?

KM: What is really happening is the destruction of the Palestinian people by Israel; it is the one that occupies our land and exiles us, kills us,
incarcerates us and persecutes our people. We are the victims, Israel is the oppressor, and not vice versa.

KL: Why does Hamas support military force in this conflict?

KM: Military force is an option that our people resort to because nothing else works. Israel's conduct and the collusion of the international community, whether through silence or indifference or actual embroilment, vindicate armed resistance. We would love to see this conflict
resolved peacefully. If occupation were to come to an end and our people enabled to exercise self-determination in their homeland, there would then be no need for any use of force. The reality is that nearly 20 years of peaceful negotiations between the Palestinians and the Israelis have not restored any of our rights. On the contrary, we have incurred more suffering and more losses as a result of the one-sided compromises made by the Palestinian negotiating party.

Since the PLO entered into the Oslo peace deal with Israel in 1993, more Palestinian land in the West Bank has been expropriated by the Israelis to build more illegal Jewish settlements, expand existing ones or construct highways for the exclusive use of Israelis living in these settlements. The apartheid wall that the Israelis erected along the West Bank has consumed large areas of the land that was supposed to be returned to the Palestinians according to the peace deal.

The apartheid wall and hundreds of checkpoints turned the West Bank into isolated enclaves like cells in a large prison, which makes
life intolerable.

Jerusalem is constantly tampered with in order to alter its landscape and identity, and hundreds of Palestinian homes have been destroyed inside the city and around it, making thousands of Palestinians homeless in their own homeland. Instead of releasing Palestinian prisoners, the Israelis have arrested an additional 5,000 Palestinians since the Annapolis peace conference in 2007 - actions that testify to the fact they simply aren't interested in peace at all.

KL: Does Hamas engage in military activity outside Palestine?

KM: No; since its establishment 22 years ago, Hamas has confined its field of military operation to occupied Palestine.

KL: Do you wish to establish an Islamic state in Palestine in which all other religions are subordinate?

KM: Our priority as a national liberation movement is to end the Israeli occupation of our homeland. Once our people are free in their land and enjoy the right to self-determination, they alone have the final say on what system of governance they wish to live under. It is our firm belief that Islam cannot be imposed on the people. We shall campaign, in a fully democratic process, for an Islamic agenda. If that is what the people opt for, then that is their choice. We believe that Islam is the best source of guidance and the best guarantor for the rights of Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

KL: Does Hamas impose Islamic dress in Gaza? For example, is it compulsory in Gaza for women to wear the hijab, niqab or burqa?

KM: No. Intellectually, Hamas derives its vision from the people's culture and religion. Islam is our religion and is the basic constituent of our culture. We do not deny other Palestinians the right to have different visions. We do not impose on the people any aspects of religion or social conduct. Features of religion in Gaza society are genuine and spontaneous; they have not been imposed by any authority other than the faith and conviction of the observant.

KL: It is suggested that the division in the Palestinian people between the West Bank and Gaza and between Fatah and Hamas, which obviously weakens their position, came about because Hamas seized power by force in Gaza. Is this true and how do you explain this division?

KM: Undoubtedly, division does weaken the Palestinians and harms their cause. However, the division is caused not by Hamas, but by the insistence of certain international and regional parties on reversing the results of Palestinian democracy. It dismayed them that Hamas was elected by the Palestinian people.

The division is compounded by the existence of a Palestinian party that seeks empowerment from those same regional and international
parties, including the US and Israel, that wish to see Hamas out of the arena. Soon after its victory in the election of January 2006, every effort was exerted to undermine the ability of Hamas to govern.

When these efforts failed, General Keith Dayton, of the United States army, who currently serves as US security co-ordinator for Israel and the Palestinian Authority, was despatched to Gaza to plot a coup against the Hamas-led national unity government that came out of the Mecca agreement of 2007. The plot prompted Hamas in Gaza to act in self-defence in the events of June 2007. The claim that Hamas carried out a coup is baseless because Hamas was leading the democratically elected government. All it did was act against those who were plotting a coup against it under the command and guidance of General Dayton.

KL: Do those of other political or religious views such as Fatah enjoy democratic freedoms in Gaza? What is the situation of Hamas members in the West Bank territories controlled by Fatah?

KM: Some Palestinian factions have been inspired by Arab nationalism, others by Marxism or Leninism, and others by liberalism. While we strongly believe that these ideas are alien to our people and have failed to meet their aspirations, we insist that the people are the final arbiter on whom they wish to lead them and by which system they desire to be governed. Thus, democracy is our best option for settling our internal Palestinian differences. Whatever the people choose will have to be respected.

We endeavour to the best of our ability to protect the human rights and civil liberties of the affiliates of Fatah and all the other factions within the Gaza Strip. In contrast, the Palestinians in the West Bank under Israeli occupation and the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah continue to be denied their basic rights. General Dayton is in the West Bank supervising the ­severe and brutal crackdown on Hamas and other Palestinian groups. More than 1,000 political prisoners, including students, university professors and professionals in all fields are hunted down, detained and tortured, sometimes to death, by the US-, British- and EU-trained and -sponsored Palestinian Authority's security force.

KL: Do you believe it is possible to reunite the Palestinian people? If so, how do you think this could be done and within what kind of timescale?

KM: It is possible to reunite the Palestinians. In order for this to happen two things are needed. First, foreign interventions and demands must stop. The Palestinian people should be left to deal with their own differences without external pressure. Second, all Palestinian parties must respect the rules of the democratic game and submit to the results of its process.

KL: Hamas's refusal to recognise Israel is frequently cited as an insuperable obstacle to negotiations and a peace settlement.

KM: This issue is only used as a pretext. Israel does not recognise the rights of the Palestinian people, yet this is not raised as an obstacle to
Israel being internationally recognised nor to it being allowed to take part in talks. The reality is that Israel is the one that occupies the land and possesses superior power. Rather than ask the Palestinians, who are the victims, it is Israel, who is the oppressor, who should be asked to recognise the rights of the Palestinians.

In the past, Yasser Arafat recognised Israel but failed to achieve much. Today, Mahmoud Abbas recognises Israel, but we have yet to see any of the promised dividends of the peace process.

Israel concedes only under pressure. In the absence of any tangible pressure on Israel by the Arabs or by the international community, no settlement will succeed.

KL: Do you have a "road map" of interim steps which could realistically lead to a peaceful settlement of the conflict? Do you think Jews, Muslims and Christians can one day live together in peace in the Holy Land?

KM: We do, in Hamas, believe that a realistic peaceful settlement to the conflict will have to begin with a ceasefire agreement between the two sides based on a full withdrawal of Israel from all the territories occupied in 1967. Israeli intransigence and the lack of will to act on the part of the international community are what ­impede this settlement. We believe that only once our people are free and back in their land will they be able to determine the future of the conflict.

It should be reiterated here that we do not resist the Israelis because they are Jews. As a matter of principle, we do not have problems with the Jews or the Christians, but do have a problem with those who attack us and oppress us. For many centuries, Christians, Jews and Muslims coexisted peacefully in this part of the world. Our society never witnessed the sort of racism and genocide that Europe saw until recently against "the other". These issues started in Eur­ope. Colonialism was imposed on this region by Europe, and Israel was the product of the oppression of the Jews in Europe and not of any such problem that existed in the Muslim land.

KL: What role do you think that other countries and organisations, in particular the US, EU and Britain, are currently playing in the Israel/ Palestine conflict and the divisions between the Palestinians?

KM: The role played by all these has thus far been negative. The attitude towards Israeli crimes against our people has been either silence or collusion. The policies and positions adopted by these parties have contributed to the Palestinian division or augmented it. On the one hand, conditions are stipulated that have the effect of torpedoing unity talks and reconciliation efforts. On the other hand, some of these international parties are directly embroiled in suppressing our people in the West Bank. The US and the EU provide funding, training and guidance to build a Palestinian security apparatus specialised in the persecution of critics of the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah.

We have particularly been concerned about reports that the British government, directly as well as indirectly by means of security firms and the services of retired army, police and in­telligence officers, is fully involved in the programme led by General Dayton against Hamas in the West Bank.

KL: What should countries such as the US and Britain do to assist a peaceful settlement?

KM: They should simply uphold international law - the occupation is illegal, the annexation of East Jerusalem is illegal, the settlements are illegal, the apartheid wall is illegal, and the siege of Gaza is illegal. Yet nothing is done.

KL: What relations does Hamas wish to have with the rest of the world, and, for example, with Britain?

KM: Hamas defends a just cause. For this purpose, it desires to open up to the world. The movement seeks to establish good relations and to conduct constructive dialogue with all those concerned with Palestine.

Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Среда, 23 Сентябрь 2009, 23:15:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Нетаниягу тоже любит по-придуряться. Типа ничего нового, всё это уже было сказано....

The things he said regarding the occupation are not new. He said the same things in Cairo, and in fact this is the formulation that was adopted in the road map, and it does not mean that we have to retreat to the '67 lines.

Всё хорошо, прекрасная маркиза
Дела идут и жизнь легка
Ни одного, печального сюрприза
За исключеньем пустяка....(c)

Так пустячок....прекращение оккупации...

Если не возврат к линии 67-ого года то возврат куда? К какой линии? Сам то он в состоянии внятно ответить на этот вопрос?

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1116576.html
Netanyahu: Obama sent message to Arabs that Israel is a Jewish state
By Natasha Mozgovaya, Haaretz Correspondent
Tags: UN, Israel News

Hours after U.S. President Barack Obama's speech to the United Nations in which he called on Israel and the Palestinians to resume peace negotiations "without preconditions," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sat down for an interview with Haaretz to share his views on the day's events.

Mr. Prime Minister, President Obama mentioned in his speech the need to "end the occupation." You characterized the speech as "positive."

"I think that the speech was a good speech, a positive one, one that expressed our determination to reach peace, and he also said something that we have asked for over the course of the last half-a-year, and that is the need to meet and to begin the diplomatic process without preconditions."

"Secondly, he spoke very clearly and sharply about the right of Israel [to exist] as a state of the Jewish people. And I believe that the refusal to accept this is the root of the conflict [with the Arabs]. So this clear statement which was made on a global stage is important vis-à-vis the Arab world and especially the Palestinians."

"Thirdly, he praised the efforts we have made to ease the roadblocks, advance the Palestinian economy. All of these things advance a diplomatic process that is responsible and measured. The things he said regarding the occupation are not new. He said the same things in Cairo, and in fact this is the formulation that was adopted in the road map, and it does not mean that we have to retreat to the '67 lines."

"This is a wording that was adopted by government that preceded mine, government that did not agree to return to the '67 lines. Obviously we will not agree to this. Even on the issue of settlements he did not say anything new because this is the accepted position by all administrations for the last 40 years."

"What he did say that was new is that these disagreements do not necessarily have to prevent the start of a process which, if it ends successfully, will determine these issues."
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Воскресенье, 8 Ноябрь 2009, 01:33:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Если дела обстоят именно так как говорит Haaretz - то запахло жаренным.

А вот как объявят палестинцы о создании собственного государства в границах 1967 года да как их в ООН признают - что тогда Израилю делать?

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1126594.html
PM heads to Washington, under threat of Palestinian statehood declaration
By Barak Ravid and Natasha Mozgovaya
Tags: Netanyahu in Washington

Concerns are growing in Israel's government over the possibility of a unilateral Palestinian declaration of independence within the 1967 borders, a move which could potentially be recognized by the United Nations Security Council.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu recently asked the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama to veto any such proposal, after reports reached Jerusalem of support for such a declaration from major European Union countries, and apparently also certain U.S. officials.

The reports indicated that Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad has reached a secret understanding with the Obama administration over U.S. recognition of an independent Palestinian state. Such recognition would likely transform any Israeli presence across the Green Line, even in Jerusalem, into an illegal incursion to which the Palestinians would be entitled to engage in measures of self-defense.
Advertisement
In late August Fayyad presented the international community with a detailed plan for building up Palestinian Authority institutions and set a timetable of up to two years for its implementation. Senior Israeli officials said Fayyad's plan initially met with positive reaction in Jerusalem for its emphasis on institution-building and making security services more efficient.

But some Israeli officials told Haaretz that alongside the clauses reported in the media - which are similar to elements of Netanyahu's call for "economic peace" between Israel and the Palestinians - Fayyad's plan also contains a classified, unreleased portion stipulating a unilateral declaration of independence.

The plan specifies that at the end of a designated period for bolstering national institutions the PA, in conjunction with the Arab League, would file a "claim of sovereignty" to the UN Security Council and General Assembly over the borders of June 4, 1967 (before the outbreak of the Six-Day War, during which Israel took control of the West Bank and Gaza).

Fayyad is also seeking a new Security Council resolution to replace Resolutions 242 and 338 in the hope of winning the international community's support for the borders of a Palestinian state and applying stronger pressure on Israel to withdraw from the West Bank.

Several Israeli officials told Haaretz that Fayyad had spoken to them of positive responses he had received over the plan from prominent EU member states, including the United Kingdom, France, Spain and Sweden. Fayyad added that he presented the proposal to the U.S. administration and did not receive any signal of opposition in response.

Netanyahu's "kitchen cabinet" has held a number of meetings on the matter in recent months. "It's a very dangerous move," said a senior Israeli foreign-policy official. "More and more cabinet ministers understand that diplomatic inaction on Israel's part is likely to bring international support for the Fayyad program."

Israeli sources said Netanyahu discussed the proposal in meetings with U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and special Mideast envoy George Mitchell and requested that the U.S. tell Fayyad that it would not support his proposal and would veto it in the Security Council. Netanyahu has yet to receive a clear response from Washington on its stance on Fayyad's plan.

Netanyahu is to arrive in Washington today for a brief visit. He is scheduled to address the United Jewish Communities General Assembly, preceded by Defense Minister Ehud Barak.

Obama is slated to address the GA on Tuesday, but no meeting with his Israeli counterpart has yet been scheduled. Officials in the Prime Minister's Office tried yesterday to lower expectations over the importance of such a meeting. "It won't be the end of the world if it doesn't happen," they said.

On Tuesday Netanyahu is to fly to Paris, where he is scheduled to meet with President Nicolas Sarkozy on Wednesday. The prime minister's Paris visit comes just two days before that of Syrian President Bashar Assad, who will also meet with Sarkozy. Netanyahu has not signaled interest in renewing negotiations with Damascus, but stagnation in talks with the Palestinians may force him to do so.

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, a mediator between Israel and Syria during Ehud Olmert's term as prime minister, said Friday in Paris that Turkey seeks to resume its role as an intermediary between the two countries, and that his government can be an "honest broker" in such talks.

Netanyahu has expressed reluctance over Turkish mediation due to ongoing diplomatic tension between Ankara and Jerusalem.
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Воскресенье, 8 Ноябрь 2009, 20:13:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Бу-га-га! Своеобразный подход однако: Как только Хамас коснулся своей попой переговорного стула - так тут же и перестал быть террористической организацией. Во как оказывается всё просто! Но Хамас по-видимому что-то заподозрил, типа это хитрая и коварная западня, и от переговоров отказался.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1126655.html
Hamas rejects Mofaz call to talk as 'Zionist vulgarity'
By Mazal Mualem, Haaretz Correspondent
Tags: Middle East peace

The Hamas rulers of the Gaza Strip said Sunday that they would never negotiate with the "Zionist enemy", hours after Kadima MK Shaul Mofaz presented a plan to hold talks with the group and establish a Palestinian state in 60 percent of the West Bank within one year.

In its official response, Hamas called Mofaz's offer "Zionist vulgarity" and said it would never recognize Israel or give legitimacy to the occupation.

"Any negotiation with the Zionist enemy regarding rights and legitimate recognition would only give it further excuse to commit crimes," said Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum.
Advertisement
The former IDF chief of staff earlier Sunday urged dialogue with the Islamist Palestinian group, saying that "at the moment that Hamas sit down at the negotiating table, assuming that Hamas are elected and want to talk, they accept the Quartet's guidelines and are no longer a terrorist organization."

Speaking at a press conference at which he presented his diplomatic plan, Mofaz explained that "the state of Israel must sit down with any group that changes its priorities."

"I believe that responsible leaders sit down with such groups," he continued. "I know that Hamas continues to fire and amass long-range missiles and prepare for conflict with Israel, and I want to tell Hamas leaders that if they continue on this path, their fate will be decided."

Mofaz developed his proposal following consultations with figures in the defense establishment, the heads of think tanks and politicians. He contends that the stalemate in the negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians is dangerous from a demographic standpoint and with respect to Israel's legitimacy in the world.

Mofaz's declaration upset some of his fellow Kadima members, who said he should have consulted with the party before presenting a plan of his own. "If he has a diplomatic plan, he should have presented it to the party," said one party member.

According to the Mofaz plan, in the initial stage of the establishment of a Palestinian state with provisional borders there would be no need to uproot Jewish settlers in the West Bank, but legislation would be enacted to show Israel's serious intent, providing for the subsequent relocation in the Galilee and in West Bank settlement blocs of about 70,000 residents of isolated settlements.

Mofaz has not excluded the possibility that outlying Jerusalem neighborhoods would eventually become part of the independent Palestinian state.

Mofaz accused Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of stalling the Middle East peace process and of wasting time that the country doesn't "have the privilege to waste."

Mofaz's proposal is a challenge not only to Netanyahu but also to his own party's leader, Tzipi Livni.

The Mofaz plan provides a centrist, pragmatic approach. He intends to initiate a debate on his plan at a meeting of the Kadima party council.

From a political standpoint, Mofaz has signaled that he has no interest in returning to Likud and that he seeks to make a bid for the leadership of Kadima.
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Понедельник, 9 Ноябрь 2009, 23:38:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Ну так и в чём проблема? Если, со слов Нетаниягу, Израиль таки очень хочет ограничить поселенческую активность чтобы возобновить мирные переговоры - так сделайте это! Или хотя бы заявите об этом во всеуслышание. Что Израилю мешает это сделать?

А я знаю что мешает. Израиль хочет вести долгие, непрекращающиеся, трудные и напряжённые переговоры о прекращении поселенческой активности, требуя от палестинцев прекратить террор.

Комедия будет знатная! Аббас Газу то не контролирует - руки коротки. И роль клоуна играть не желает. Я, говорит, баллотироваться больше не буду, типа, умываю руки. Каков, а?

Как он его назвал то? Махмудик ты мой, Бабасик ненаглядный, или ещё как?

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1126931.html
Netanyahu: Abbas, let's relaunch peace talks now
By Sara Miller, Haaretz Correspondent
Tags: Israel news

WASHINGTON D.C. - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday addressed thousands of North American Jews at the General Assembly of the Jewish Federations of North America, where he urged Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to relaunch peace talks immediately.

Abbas announced lastweek that he would not run for another term in an election scheduled for January, citing deadlocked efforts to revive peace talks.

"We should not place preconditions for holding talks, such preconditions have never been set in 16 years," Netanyahu said, referring to the Palestinian demand that Israel completely halt construction in West Bank settlements before talks can resume.

"No Israeli government has been so willing to restrain settlement activity as part of an effort to relaunch peace talks," the prime minister added, addressing Abbas by name and saying "let us seize the moment, let us relaunch peace talks immediately."

"Peace between Israel and its neighbors could spare our children the horrors of war," he continued. "Peace could also usher in a new era of tremendous economic progress for the benefit of everyone in the Middle East."

"I think people are beginning to see that we are eager to achieve peace with our neighbors," he said, "especially the Palestinians."

"My goal is not negotiations for the sake of negotiations. My goal is to achieve a permanent peace treaty between Israel and the Palestinians - and soon," Netanyahu declared.

Referring to the Palestinian demand in previous rounds of peace talks that Israel grant Palestinian refugees from around the world the right of return to the homes in Israel from which they were expelled, Netanyahu stressed that "they must abandon the fantasy of flooding Israel with refugees, give up irredentist claims to the Negev and Galilee, and declare unequivocally that the conflict is finally over."

"It will take years for the spirit of peace to permeate levels of Palestinian society," he added.

"We're willing to make great concessions for peace but there can be no concessions on Israel's security. We have to ensure that weapons do not flow into the Palestinian areas in the West Bank, which overlooks Tel Aviv and surrounds Jerusalem."

Netanyahu also addressed the issue of the recent vote at the United Nations General Assembly on a UN-sponsored report which accused Israel of committing war crimes in Gaza last winter. The Goldstone report was adopted by the 192-member General Assembly in by a vote of 114-18. Netanyahu thanks the U.S. for voting against the resolution that called for the Goldstone findings to be "credibly and independently" investigated. He thanked U.S. President Barack Obama for "resolutely opposing this twisted UN resolution."

The prime minister went on to applaud the U.S. Congress vote, which preceded the UN debate, for condemning the "biased report."

Netanyahu began his address by saying that the Jews had brought "at least three big ideas to civilization: monotheism, the belief that all people have innate rights that transcend the power of kings, and the vision of universal peace."

His speech was briefly interrupted by a female protester who yelled out urging a lifting of Israel's seige on Gaza. But the prime minister didn't break his stride and quickly resumed his address, saying "I was better received at the UN." The protester was escorted out of the hall.

The prime minister then addressed the Jewish communities outside Israel, saying that "strengthening Jewish identity can no longer be a task exclusively for the Diaspora.It is increasingly the responsibility of the Jewish State."

"Over a decade ago, I was proud to be the first Prime Minister to allocate state funds to bolster Jewish identity outside of Israel. And I assure you that in my second term, I intend to do even more," he continued.

In Israel, a last-minute scheduling of Netanyahu's White House meeting, after Israeli officials said over the past several weeks that Netanyahu hoped to see Obama, was widely seen as a sign of strained relations between the two leaders.

However, Netanyahu's media adviser Nir Hefetz said Monday following the address that "on our side there is no tension. Molcho, the prime minister's special envoy sat with [U.S. Middle East envoy] George Mitchell's team earlier today and they prepared the [Netanyahu-Obama] meeting. Naturally it will focus on the Palestinian issue and we hope that the meeting will strengthen and deepen the channel of communication between the prime minister and President Obama, and that it will prompt the resumption of peace talks."
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Среда, 11 Ноябрь 2009, 11:43:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Опана! А как же переговоры, "Дорожная карта" и (главное!) Штаты?

http://www.newsru.co.il/mideast/10nov2009/dahlan4563.html
Инициатива Дахлана: границы палестинского государства определит Совбез ООН

Руководство Палестинской автономии заявило во вторник: в связи с отсутствием прогресса на мирных переговорах оно намерено возвратиться к ранее объявленному плану и создать независимое палестинское государство в одностороннем порядке в течение ближайших двух лет.

Государство предполагается создавать на всей территории автономии, не делая различий между зонами "А", "В" и "С".

Что же касается границ будущего государства и статуса Иерусалима, то для их определения палестинское правительство намерено обратиться в Совет безопасности ООН.

С этой инициативой выступил член ЦК ФАТХ Мухаммад Дахлан, который предупредил: если США наложат вето на этот план, то тем самым Белый дом докажет, что не заинтересован в установлении мира на Ближнем Востоке.

Напомним, что данный план был выдвинут в августе этого года главой правительства ПА Саламом Файядом, который так изложил свое видение будущего палестинского государства: это должна быть арабская страна, поддерживающая умеренный ислам - демократическая, либеральная, миролюбивая и терпимая.

По словам Файяда, государство будет создано в границах 1967 года, с полным суверенитетом на Западном берегу и в секторе Газы и столицей в Восточном Иерусалиме.

На первом этапе Файяд предлагал избавиться от экономической зависимости от Израиля и внешней финансовой помощи, реорганизовать правительство и унифицировать право, в настоящее время представляющее собой комплекс османских, британских, иорданских и израильских норм и законов.
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Среда, 11 Ноябрь 2009, 11:51:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:

http://www.newsru.co.il/mideast/10nov2009/dahlan4563.html

Руководство Палестинской автономии заявило во вторник: в связи с отсутствием прогресса на мирных переговорах оно намерено возвратиться к ранее объявленному плану и создать независимое палестинское государство в одностороннем порядке в течение ближайших двух лет.

Государство предполагается создавать на всей территории автономии, не делая различий между зонами "А", "В" и "С".

А как же с поселенцами быть которые на этих самых территориях то и живут? Они что, собираются им палестинское гражданство выдавать? Или собираются их того.....эвакуировать в Израиль? К слову сказать, эти поселенцы, поддержанные Цахалем, сами могут этот Палестинский ЦК того.....эвакуировать....если останется, конечно, кого эвакуировать....

Вах, какой скандал!

Последний раз редактировалось: Zabougornov (Среда, 11 Ноябрь 2009, 11:55:45), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Среда, 11 Ноябрь 2009, 11:54:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

http://www.newsru.co.il/mideast/25aug2009/plans8012.html
Салам Файяд рассказал, каким будет палестинское государство в 2011 году

Как уже сообщалось ранее, Салам Файяд подчеркнул, что необходимо приступить к созданию палестинских государственных институтов
Файяд изложил свое видение будущего палестинского государства: это должна быть арабская страна, поддерживающая умеренный ислам
Премьер-министр Палестинской автономии Салам Файяд огласил сегодня программу строительства палестинского государства. По замыслу палестинского лидера, государство следует создать за два года.

Как уже сообщалось ранее, Салам Файяд подчеркнул, что необходимо приступить к созданию палестинских государственных институтов. Через два года инфраструктура независимого государства должна быть готова, что, по его замыслу, позволит провозгласить государство и немедленно получить международное признание, даже если Израиль будет против.

Файяд изложил свое видение будущего палестинского государства: это должна быть арабская страна, поддерживающая умеренный ислам. Палестинское государство будет демократическим, либеральным, миролюбивым и терпимым, пообещал он. По словам Файяда, государство будет создано в границах 1967 года, с полным суверенитетом на Западном берегу и в секторе Газы и столицей в Восточном Иерусалиме. Файяд призывает немедленно восстановить единство ПА.

В рамках первых шагов Файяд предлагает избавиться от экономической зависимости от Израиля и внешней финансовой помощи, реорганизовать правительство и унифицировать право, в настоящее время представляющее собой комплекс османских, британских, иорданских и израильских норм и законов.

Палестинский премьер-министр предлагает построить международный аэропорт в Иорданской долине, восстановить международный аэропорт в Газе, а также вновь открыть все морские порты сектора Газы. Помимо этого, Файяд желает построить железные дороги, соединяющие палестинские территории с арабскими государствами.

Глава правительства намеревается также перестроить и сократить бюрократический аппарат и поставить зарплату чиновников в зависимость от эффективности работы.

Салам Файяд предлагает перечислить специальные средства населенным пунктам, расположенным вблизи забора безопасности на Западном берегу, чтобы помочь им в "мирной борьбе" против забора.

Программа строительства палестинского государства предусматривает также реорганизацию спецслужб ПА.

Израильское правительство предупредило, что не потерпит односторонних шагов палестинского лидера. Об этом заявил сегодня министр финансов Юваль Штайниц. Он подчеркнул, что заявления Файяда противоречат всем договоренностям, в том числе, соглашениям Осло. Штайниц добавил, что никакого палестинского государства не будет без гарантий безопасности Израиля.

Раед Афана из Университета Аль-Азхар в Газе сообщил, что программу Файяда невозможно воплотить в жизнь, пока Израиль "оккупирует" Западный берег и контролирует Иерусалим. Он добавил, что, пока палестинская террористическая организация ХАМАС контролирует сектор Газы и пока сохраняется раскол между ХАМАС и ФАТХ, Израиль будет уклоняться от возобновления мирных переговоров.
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Среда, 11 Ноябрь 2009, 12:26:02    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Вах какой скандал! Нетаниягу ничего нового Обаме не предложил в ходе встречи. А в американской администрации до последнего надеялись что он таки что-то предложит... А он коварно обманул их ожидания! Мало того что обманул их ожидания так ещё и, типа, давить на них пытался. Типа, заставил Администрацию устроить встречу не тогда когда хочет Администрация, но тогда когда этого хочет Нетаниягу.

И за всё за это его везли обратно в аэропорт не на официальном броневике с всеми полaгающимися главе государства прибамбасами, а на простом вэне!

Я просто в шоке! Какое неуважение к главному союзнику на Ближнем Востоке!

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1127420.html
Washington disappointed: Netanyahu didn't present concrete steps
By Natasha Mozgovaya, Haaretz Correspondent and Haaretz Service
Tags: Barack Obama

The White House expressed disappointment in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's recent visit to Washington, with officials saying that they had hoped that the prime minister would present a concrete plan to scale back Israeli construction in West Bank settlements, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.

Speaking at the General Assembly of the Jewish Federations of North America in Washington on Monday, Netanyahu urged the Palestinians to resume peace talks with Israel, but failed to offer any new commitment regarding the settlements, which the Palestinians have demanded be halted as a precondition for talks, nor did he present any new terms for the talks.

"We had an idea that he might bring something out to push the process forward," one U.S. official told the Wall Street Journal. "But he's kept it in his pocket."
Advertisement

In his address, Netanyahu also appeared to resist U.S. pressure to promote the two-state solution. He said he was committed to two states living side by side, but stressed that the central issues - the right of Palestinian refugees to return to the homes from which they were expelled and certain territorial claims - would not be on the table. "They must abandon the fantasy of flooding Israel with refugees, give up irredentist claims to the Negev and Galilee, and declare unequivocally that the conflict is finally over," Netanyahu said in his address.

U.S. officials said the White House had held off until Netanyahu was on a plane to Washington before confirming a meeting between the prime minister and U.S. President Barack Obama in efforts to pressure the Israeli leader to take a more conciliatory line.

Following the meeting Monday night, the White House issued only a brief statement saying the president and Mr. Netanyahu discussed a number of issues in the U.S.-Israel bilateral relationship, as well as how to move forward on Middle East peace.

The mystery that shrouded the meeting sparked a wave of speculations. American commentators argued that the White House's refusal to even supply a photo opportunity of the two leaders indicated the American president's dissatisfaction with Netanyahu's policies.

So far, no photos have been released from the meeting. The only photos available are those of Netanyahu entering the White House, and leaving it. The government photographer, the only one allowed into the meeting, was prohibited from making the photos public.

The late hour of the meeting, which was scheduled at the very last minute while Netanyahu was already on a plane to Washington, and the fact that the prime minister was transported in a simple van, and not the official government vehicle that usually takes world leaders to meetings with the president, also indicated that something was amiss.

The bureaus of both Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak, who was present during the second part of the meeting, canceled the briefings that they had planned to give to the press following the meeting. They also canceled planned radio interviews. According to Israeli sources, the cancellations stemmed from U.S. displeasure with headlines in the Israeli media suggesting that Netanyahu bended Obama's will. Netanyahu's media advisers wanted to appease the Americans, and therefore cancelled the briefings, sources said.

Senior officials in the Obama administration also accused Netanyahu of suggesting that he had the power to pressure Obama with various lobbies within the U.S. political arena. The White House views this sentiment as a "re-run" of Netanyahu's behavior during Bill Clinton's administration. This issue apparently came up in the meeting between Netanyahu and Obama.

"The administration was upset because Netanyahu's camp forced the meeting on them, and that it was scheduled in accordance with Netanyahu's schedule, and not theirs," said one of the Jewish leaders at the GA conference.
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Воскресенье, 15 Ноябрь 2009, 23:18:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1128287.html
Netanyahu: If Palestinians act unilaterally, so will Israel
By Haaretz Service
Tags: Benjamin Netanyahu

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned on Sunday that Israel would respond to any unilateral Palestinian steps - particularly declarations of statehood - with one-sided steps of its own.

This was the prime minister's first response to a Palestinian initiative to ask the United Nations Security Council to endorse a Palestinian state, seen as an appeal for international backing.

In his address to the Saban Forum in Jerusalem, Netanyahu said that Israel wants negotiations toward a full peace accord. There is no substitute for negotiations, he said, and unilateral action would only unravel earlier agreements between Israel and the Palestinians.
Advertisement
"There is no substitute for negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority and any unilateral path will only unravel the framework of agreements between us and will only bring unilateral steps from Israel's side," Netanyahu said.

The path to peace in the Middle East was at the negotiating table, said Netanyahu, adding that he was not interested in "negotiating for the sake of negotiations."

The prime minister emphasized that negotiations must begin at once, in good faith between the two sides. There was no point in wasting time, he said.

The negotiations would not be easy, he said, and would have to cover sensitive issues. Israeli leaders must be brave of heart to see this go forth, he said, but so too must the Palestinians.

The negotiations must cover the security situation, he added, citing three central challenges that must be addressed in order to achieve peace.

First of all, he said, Iran must not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons.

Second of all, Israel must find a way to fight the threat of rockets from militants in the Gaza Strip.

And third, he said, Israel's right to self-defense must be accepted.

If Israel and the Palestinians just began peace negotiations, said Netanyahu, "we can surprise the world."

The prime minister referred to the future of Iran's contentious nuclear program as a turning point in the 21th century, adding that extremism was on the rise in the Middle East.

Iran will try to foil peace between Israel and its neighbors, Netanyahu warned. The international community must thus understand the underlying dangers of a nuclear Iran.

The prime minister added that before peace could be achieved, the Palestinian rocket capability must be neutralized.

Netanyahu thanked President Barack Obama for his administration's continued support of Israel's security. Former U.S. president Bill Clinton told the same forum just before Netanyahu's speech that Israel must give Obama a chance, adding that Middle East peace could be solved during the American leader's term.
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Воскресенье, 15 Ноябрь 2009, 23:38:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Ну вот Нетаниягу и выдал (невольно или преднамеренно) свои истинные намерения: бесконечные и заведомо бессмысленные переговоры с целью бесконечно тянуть время и недопустить создание палестинского государства.

Первое: переговариваться с палестинцами о том как недопустить создания ядерного оружия Ираном - бессмысленно, по двум причинам. Это не имеет никакокого отношения к созданию палестинского государства. Иран - суверенное государство, палестинцы не контролируют иранскую ядерную программу и не в силах на неё повлиять.

Второе: Переговариваться с Аббасом (западный берег) о том как бороться с угрозой ракетных обстрелов из Газы - также бессмысленно. Аббас Газу не контролирует и никакого влияния на Хамас не имеет.

Третье: Требовать от палестинцев чтобы они признали право Израиля на самооборону можно, но глупо. Ведь они тоже могут потребовать того же и что тогда?

Zabougornov писал(а):
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1128287.html
Netanyahu: If Palestinians act unilaterally, so will Israel

...The negotiations would not be easy, he said, and would have to cover sensitive issues. Israeli leaders must be brave of heart to see this go forth, he said, but so too must the Palestinians.

The negotiations must cover the security situation, he added, citing three central challenges that must be addressed in order to achieve peace.

First of all, he said, Iran must not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons.

Second of all, Israel must find a way to fight the threat of rockets from militants in the Gaza Strip.

And third, he said, Israel's right to self-defense must be accepted...

P.S. Хоть бы они там в канцелярии каки-нибудь более продвинутые и неочевидные отговорки придумали, чтобы Нетаниягу не выглядел так глупо со своими требованиями.
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Воскресенье, 15 Ноябрь 2009, 23:43:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1128255.html
Palestinian PM: Declaration of statehood just a formality
By Amira Hass, Haaretz Correspondent and Haaretz Service
Tags: Middle East peace process

Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad said Sunday that the declaration of a Palestinian state would be a mere formality once the institutions of a Palestinian state are created.

Speaking at a press conference in Ramallah organized by the Saban Forum,
Fayyad said it is important to create institutions that are functioning,
committed to the Palestinian people and free of corruption.

Palestinian officials have they are preparing to ask the United Nations to endorse an independent state without Israel's consent because they are losing hope they can achieve their aspirations through peace talks. The announcement drew a harsh rebuke from Israeli officials.

Fayyad did not comment on the independence plan.

Fayyad spoke at a news conference with U.S. Senator Joseph Lieberman, who
praised Fayyad's efforts to develop the economy.

"I know some people are concerned that this is unilateral," Fayyad said, referring to his development plan. "But it seems to me that it is unilateral in a healthy sense of self-development."

Fayyad said building national institutions is an important step in preparation for the establishment of a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders with Jerusalem as its capital.

He added thatsaid it was the responsibility of the Palestinian Authority to lay the groundwork for statehood, while it is up to the Palestine Liberation Organization to actually declare a state when the conditions are right.

Fayyad said his government is dedicated now more than ever to providing
resources to West Bank areas negatively affected by settlements and the
separation fence.

"Our people are continuing to demonstrate against everything that is illegal under international law, including the separation fence," he said.

The press conference was held at the end of a discussion Fayyad held with 80 guests as part of the Saban Forum, organized by Israeli-American media tycoon Haim Saban. Some 40 guests arrived in Ramallah from the United States, including three U.S. senators and five congressmen. Forty Israelis were also in attendance, including Bank of Israel Governor Stanley Fischer.

'We come as investors'

U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman said of the visiting members of Congress that
to a certain extent they arrived as investors, and are going to carry back to Washington their our own positive reports about how the money of the U.S. Congress has been spent.

Lieberman told the assembled reporters that the U.S. representatives were
impressed by the progress visible in Ramallah.

Howard Berman, a Democratic congressman from California, said the American visitors agree with U.S. President Barack Obama's comments in his Cairo speech, in which he said the U.S.-Israel bond is unbreakable. But he said that feeling in no way precludes the strong commitment to the idea of Palestinian statehood and to the end to the occupation.

In response to a question posed by Haaretz over his vision of Mideast peace, Lieberman said his objective is that there be two states, the Jewish state of Israel and a Palestinian state, and that in both those states, every citizen has equal rights, regardless of ethnic or religious background.

Erekat: Israel doesn't want two state solution

Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat said earlier Sunday that frustrated Palestinians had decided to turn to the United Nations Security Council after 18 years of on-again, off-again negotiations with Israel.

The Palestinians seek an independent state that includes the West Bank, Gaza Strip and east Jerusalem - areas captured by Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War.

"Now is our defining moment. We went into this peace process in order to achieve a two-state solution," he said. "The endgame is to tell the Israelis that now the international community has recognized the two-state solution on the '67 borders."

U.S. efforts to restart Israeli-Palestinian peace talks are deadlocked.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has urged the Palestinians to
negotiate with him, but they refuse, saying Israel must first stop building settlements on lands they claim. Netanyahu refuses to endorse the 1967 lines as the basis for an agreement.

Even if the UN endorses the Palestinian idea, it would be virtually impossible to implement while Israel remains in control of the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Nearly 500,000 Israelis live in these areas, in addition to thousands of Israeli troops stationed on bases.

The Palestinians already declared independence unilaterally on Nov. 15, 1988. The declaration was recognized by dozens of countries, but never implemented on the ground.

In the meantime, the Erekat declined to say when the Palestinians would make their appeal to the UN, signaling that the threat may be aimed in large part at putting pressure on Israel.

Barak: Agreement needed to stop unilateral declaration

Defense Minister Ehud Barak warned that Israel risks watching the
international community line up behind the Palestinians if negotiations are not restarted. Without an agreement, there is a possibility that support will increase for the Palestinians declaring a state unilaterally, he told the Cabinet on Sunday.

Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom, a member of Netanyahu's Likud
Party, warned the Palestinians against taking any one-sided action. "I think the Palestinians should know that unilateral actions will not lead to the results they hope for," he said.

Nimr Hamad, an adviser to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said the Palestinians have no intention of rushing to the Security Council.

"We are going to have to prepare for this well and to hold political and
diplomatic talks. We want the Security Council to discuss this only after
we've been given assurances," he told the Israeli daily Maariv. "There is no point in rushing just so that we collide with an American veto."

As one of the five permanent members of the Security Council, the U.S. wields veto power over any resolution. Israeli media predicted that the U.S., Israel's key ally, would veto the move.

Hamad said Abbas would travel to Cairo on Wednesday to discuss the plan with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.

There was no immediate reaction from Security Council members. But Erekat said Russia, another permanent member of the Security Council, and unspecified European nations are on board with the Palestinian plan.

Complicating the matter is the status of the Gaza Strip. The territory is
currently ruled by Abbas' rivals, the Islamic militant Hamas group. Israel withdrew unilaterally from Gaza in 2005.

PA seeks to extend Abbas term

In the West Bank, meanwhile, the Palestinians announced plans to extend the term of Abbas after a recommendation to postpone presidential elections indefinitely.

Last week, Palestinian election officials postponed a planned Jan. 24
presidential election, saying Hamas' opposition made it impossible to hold the vote in Gaza. The decision cleared the way for Abbas, who had threatened to quit politics after the election, to remain in office.

Mohammed Dahlan, a top official in Abbas' Fatah Party, said Sunday that the PLO's central committee will meet next month to extend Abbas' term until elections can be held.
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Понедельник, 16 Ноябрь 2009, 22:52:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1128496.html
U.S.: Best way to achieve a viable Palestine is talks
By Natasha Mozgovaya, Haaretz Correspondent, Haaretz Service and Agencies
Tags: Benjamin Netanyahu

The United States on Monday reaffirmed its support for the resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through negotiations, in its first official response to a Palestinian plan to declare statehood without Israeli consent.

"It is our strong belief and conviction that the best means to achieve the common goal of a contiguous and viable Palestine is through negotiations between the parties‬," the U.S. State Department said in a statement.

U.S. senators visiting Israel said earlier in the day that on Monday that Washington would veto a Palestinian declaration of statehood in the United Nations Security Council.
Advertisement

The idea of seeking UN intervention has been gaining steam in the Arab world as the impasse in peacemaking drags on. The Palestinians seek a state in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and east Jerusalem, territories Israel captured in 1967.

The senators said the threat by Palestinian officials to take the issue to a UN resolution was a waste of time and would go nowhere. They urged Arab states to stop it.

"It would be D.O.A. - dead on arrival," Democratic Party Senator Ted Kaufman (DE) told a news conference in Jerusalem. "It's a waste of time."

Senator Joseph Lieberman (CT), an independent, said "an essentially unilateral" declaration of statehood was the one thing that would not move the stalled peace process forward."

Meanwhile, the Palestinians asked the European Union on Monday to back their plan.

"We will seek the support of all members of the international community," Saeb Erekat, a top adviser to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, told reporters in Ramallah. Besides the EU, they also plan to seek U.S. approval, Erekat said.

EU foreign ministers will discuss the Arab-backed proposal at their regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, said Petra Dachtler, an adviser to the EU's special Middle East envoy, Marc Otte. Because the idea has only been floated recently, the EU has yet to formulate an opinion, she said.

The EU is not on the Security Council, but EU members France and Britain are permanent council members that wield veto power.

The plan appears to be largely symbolic, given that the U.S., Israel's chief ally, would likely veto such an initiative at the United Nations. It also would not remove the 500,000 Israelis living in West Bank settlements and east Jerusalem neighborhoods.

The move, however, reflects growing Palestinian frustration with the deadlock in peace efforts. Palestinian officials say they hope international endorsement would force Israel to recognize a future Palestine's borders based on the pre-1967 lines.

Hamas to Palestinians: End occupation, then declare state

Earlier Monday, Hamas rejected the PA initiative, saying true independence required the complete cessation of Israeli occupation.

The Islamist militant group pointed out that a unilateral declaration of statehood had already been made by the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat in 1988.

If it had to be done again, Hamas spokesman Salah Bardweel said on Monday, "why not declare a Palestinian state from the sea [Mediterranean] to the river [of Jordan]" rather than in the West Bank and Gaza only.

The declaration proposed by Erekat would have no meaning and was merely an attempt by the rival Palestinian camp of President Mahmoud Abbas to pretend it had an alternative to faltering peace negotiations, other than armed struggle, said Bardweel.

"This move is not a meaningful declaration. It simply aims at escaping the benefits of resistance against the occupation," he said. "Instead of threatening to unilaterally declare a Palestinian state to be established in the air, we should work on liberating the occupied territories and end the current internal [Palestinian] division."

Declaring a state "in the air on 20 per cent of the Palestinian land, which would be rejected by the world," was not the solution, he argued. Rather, Palestinians should focus on their own "ability to liberate the land."

Labor: We'll quit coalition if settlements annexed

Industry and Trade Minister Benjamin Ben Eliezer (Labor) said Monday that his center-left party would pull out of the government if it carried through with right-wing calls to annex more West Bank settlements in response to a unilateral Palestinian declaration of independence.

"The Labor party cannot continued to sit in this government if it decides to annex settlements," said Ben Eliezer. Negotiating with the Palestinians is the only viable option, he said, dismissing both Israeli and Palestinian threats for unilateral moves.

"In my opinion this whole thing about annexation is just words. I think the Palestinian threat also is just words. A ping-pong of declarations will get us nowhere, the only way forward is to bring the sides together for negotiations," he told Army Radio.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded to Erekat's suggestion by saying that Israel would make unilateral moves of its own should the Palestinians make good on its threat. He did not elaborate on what that might mean.

National Infrastructure Minister Uzi Landau and Transportation Minister Yisrael Katz backed up the prime minister's call by detailing what they believed such unilateral motions would mean:

"We must be clear and tell them that, if that's the route they choose to take, any unilateral declaration on their part will be countered by declaring our sovereignty on all 'C' Areas," Landau said, referring to those which, according to the Oslo Accord, are in full Israeli civilian and military control.

"I think it is an outrage," Landau added of the possibility of a unilateral declaration of independence.

"We've been seeing a series of Palestinian attempts in various area and this is one of them. It is a hostile proposition, one surely meant to erode any chances of continuing negotiations," Landau said.

Environment Minister Gilad Erdan told Army Radio: "If the Palestinians take such a unilateral line, Israel should also consider ... passing a law to annex some of the settlements."

Other options of sanctions were also available, he said. "Everything is open ... it could begin at stopping the transfer of money that the Israeli government currently transfers to the Palestinian Authority," he told the radio, referring to tax payments Israel collects on the Authority's behalf under interim peace deals.

Erdan said Israel might also consider tightening recently loosened travel restrictions on Palestinians in the West Bank.

Lieberman: If PA breaches accords, so will we

Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman responded to the Palestinian Authority's suggestion by saying that Israel would see unilateral moves of the kind as an explicit violation of past agreements.

"Any one-sided Palestinian move will be met with steps of our own." he said. "Whoever makes unilateral policy with complete disregard for past accords will get the same from us."

"Breach of accords will not go unanswered," he said.

According to Lieberman, Israel could not count on the Americans to veto any such Palestinian request to the UN Security Council.

"Nothing is certain when it comes to an American veto, but I think the Americans understand that these policies bury any chance of reaching peace, and I think that the U.S. would also find it uncomfortable to have to deal at the Security Council with recognition of a Palestinian state.
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Вторник, 17 Ноябрь 2009, 11:05:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1128786.html
EU rejects Palestinian bid for unilateral declaration of state
By Haaretz Service and News Agencies
Tags: Palestinian Authority, UN

The European Union has rejected the Palestinian Authority's request to back its plan for gaining recognition as an independent state at the United Nations Security Council without Israeli consent.

Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt, whose country holds the EU presidency, explained that the EU does not believe conditions are ripe yet for such a move. The EU is not on the Security Council, but EU members France and Britain are permanent council members that wield veto power.

The EU's foreign ministers on Tuesday were discussing ways to coordinate with the United States to get Palestinians and Israelis back to the negotiating table.
Advertisement
"The Palestinian plan is clearly an act borne by a difficult situation where they don't see any road ahead," said Bildt.

The Palestinian Authority is coming under increasing pressure ╜ from Israel and the international community ╜to back down from its threat to unilaterally declare a state without first concluding a peace agreement with Israel.

On Monday evening, the United States on Monday reaffirmed its support for the resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through negotiations, in its first official response to the Palestinian plan.

"It is our strong belief and conviction that the best means to achieve the common goal of a contiguous and viable Palestine is through negotiations between the parties," the U.S. State Department said in a statement.

U.S. senators visiting Israel said earlier in the day that on Monday that Washington would veto a Palestinian declaration of statehood in the United Nations Security Council.

The idea of seeking UN intervention has been gaining steam in the Arab world as the impasse in peacemaking drags on. The Palestinians seek a state in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and east Jerusalem, territories Israel captured in 1967.

The senators said the threat by Palestinian officials to take the issue to a UN resolution was a waste of time and would go nowhere. They urged Arab states to stop it.

"It would be D.O.A. - dead on arrival," Democratic Party Senator Ted Kaufman (DE) told a news conference in Jerusalem. "It's a waste of time."

Senator Joseph Lieberman (CT), an independent, said "an essentially unilateral" declaration of statehood was the one thing that would not move the stalled peace process forward."
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ пїЅ пїЅпїЅ -> ...в Израиле Часовой пояс: GMT + 1
На страницу 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  След.
Страница 1 из 7

Перейти: