Список форумов пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ пїЅ пїЅпїЅ пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ пїЅ пїЅпїЅ

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

Start Home_in_France Learning_in_France Job_in_France Health_in_France Photogallery Links
Комментарии к коллекции Valery/Gourmet

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ пїЅ пїЅпїЅ -> Кино и Телевидение
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Zabougornov
Добрый Администратор (иногда)

Откуда: Обер-группен-доцент, ст. руководитель группы скоростных свингеров, он же Забашлевич Оцаат Поэлевич

СообщениеДобавлено: Четверг, 11 Май 2006, 09:29:34    Заголовок сообщения: Комментарии к коллекции Valery/Gourmet Ответить с цитатой

Мне очень понравилась коллекция, хочу дать некоторые комментарии к фильмам...

Un héros très discret by Jacques Audiar (1996)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118020/usercomments
Near perfect cinematic satire, 19 August 2001
Author: Geofbob from London, England

Set in the period before, during and just after WWII, Jacques Audiard's brilliant and witty satire is about a compulsive impostor, Albert Dehousse, who so successfully convinces the French authorities that he fought in the resistance that he is made an officer in the army occupying Germany. It is not the easiest of viewing for non-French speakers who have to follow the sub-titles, but is well worth the trouble.

The movie's timeframe flashes back and forward; and director Jacques Audiard tells the story via a number of different devices, including normally acted sequences, voice-over, mock documentary interviews, newsreel footage, and even shots of the orchestra playing the background music. Mathieu Kassowitz portrays adult Albert as someone who is superficially engaging, but is empty inside, and has to consciously learn and then act out almost every gesture or emotional response. Like the film, Albert consists of disparate fragments, skillfully edited together into a convincing whole.

There is probably a pointed message here for the movie's home audience, about the way France as a whole has exaggerated WWII resistance, and swept collaboration under the carpet. But the film raises general questions about how we play roles and falsify our past histories in everyday life; it also reminds us that impostors, including some so-called celebrities, depend on our gulliblity for their success.

27 May 2003
Author: manuel-pestalozzi from Zurich, Switzerland

Impostors and make-believes have always been favorites of story tellers all over the globe, and there are quite a few movies about them. This biopic/mockumentary (with old war veteran's interviews!) is one of the very best, and you enjoy wondering how much truth is in the story long after the movie is over. I guess quite much of it.

The "hero" of the story is a very endearing person. The viewer gets to know him as a boy who grows up in fairly conventional circumstances. From the earliest days he lives between reality and fantasy. His acting out adventure stories he had read by himself in his small room in the attic is moving, it reminded me of my own childhood. The "hero" is naive and shrewd at the same time, and his rising in the military hierarchy of post war France as an alleged resistance hero is a fairy tale you can believe very easily. The hero's downfall is at first sight tragic but, on second thought, might also have been carefully planned by him. Well, he lived on happily ever after, they say.

The acting is very good, Mathieu Kassovitz proves to be an excellent performer who brings the ambiguity in the hero's character to life and gives him credibility, the child actor who plays the hero as a boy is equally convincing. Some secondary parts are worth remembering: There is a very non-stereotypical homosexual, a French army officer who makes a pass at the "hero" and, as there is no response to his advances, starts a lasting platonic friendship with him, teaching him in a fatherly way in the art of make believe. After becoming an officer of the secret service, the "hero" is transferred to Germany. There he resides in a spacious palace, waited on by an old uniformed German butler. Movie buffs will possibly recognize it as a parody of Erich von Stroheim in Renoir's "La Grande Illusion" (he teaches the socially unexperienced "hero" the waltz).

The movie is so good, I expect to see an American remake in the near future. To whoever will try to tackle the subject transatlantically, I recommend Preston Sturges' "Hail the Conquering Hero!".
Was the above comment useful to you?

A Comedy Masterpiece, 26 August 2002
Author: nbott from Washington DC

This film is a true masterpiece. The character delineation of our hero and how he gets there is true comedy at its best. Great comedy not only makes us laugh but makes us reflect on human life at the same time. This film does that. We get a satire on recent French history and well as the mores of the society. There are so many scenes where one knows that only a French film could be made this way.

This film is even better than Mr. Audiard's marvelous film "Read My Lips." The acting is superb and the script flawless. Do yourself a favor and rent this.

Rooted Solely By Mathieu Kassovitz's Performance, 9 May 2001
Author: MovieBuffBongo from Cleveland, Ohio

I'm not normally a fan of foreign films, mainly because my lack of reading ability, but Un Heros Tres Discret (A.K.A. A Self Made Hero) was one of the best foreign films I have ever seen, if only because it introduced me to French actor, Mathieu Kassovitz.

This movie, directed by Jacques Audiard, deals with Mathieu's character, Albert Dehousse, and his rise from a son living under his mother's insanity to becoming a leader of a French Revolutionary faction.

If there is anything to praise this movie for, it's for the strong, yet understated performance by Kassovitz

Amazing, amazing, absolutely amazing, 17 January 2000
Author: Jonathan Doron (jrd@netvision.net.il) from Israel

Sweeping tale of a smart and lucky imposter, masterfully played by Mathieu Kassovitz during most of the movie. This combines short real footages with great acting all around. David Fernandes is touching as the young Albert, Jean-Louis Trintignant is perfect casting as the older/narrator.

An unforgettable movie. Have to see it to believe it. Perfect script. Once again a wonderful movie that did not get the respect, publicity, "fame" it fully deserves.

See this!
Zabougornov

Откуда: Обер-группен-доцент, ст. руководитель группы скоростных свингеров, он же Забашлевич Оцаат Поэлевич

СообщениеДобавлено: Четверг, 11 Май 2006, 09:45:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Merci pour le chocolat by Claude Chabrol (2000)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0232083/plotsummary

When the young Jeanne finds out that she could have mistakenly been exchanged, from her cradle, with another newborn (the son of a famous piano player), she decides to contact this family, not really thinking that this could be the truth. After she tells this to the presumed father and the rest of the family, even the son of the piano player starts having more than one doubt about his origins, and all this will lead to the discovery of a murder committed many years before by the second wife of the musician. But all the story is just a pretext to put in evidence the misdeeds and the hypocrisy of the French upper class members (okay, in the film they are from Switzerland... but it is essentially the same). Chabrol belongs to this class, that's why he knows the subject so well, so the blemishes are noticed and shown to the audience without pity; things like the coldness between the family members - hidden by a false happiness - because this is what the good society wants, the lack of real feelings, the unbearable 'bon ton' of the mother, and so on.
Summary written by Anonymous

After the death of his second wife, concert pianist André Polonski remarries his first wife, Swiss chocolate-company heiress Mika Muller. Soon a young piano student, Jeanne Polet, gets the idea that she may be André's daughter. She visits his house in Lausanne, gets to know André's son Guillaume who was born on the same day as she, and starts taking piano lessons from André. Mika Muller keeps serving them her famous hot chocolate, but with some help from a boyfriend conveniently working in a lab owned by Jeanne's mother, it soon becomes obvious to Jeanne that the chocolate doesn't come straight from the family company's production line.
Summary written by Markku Kuoppamäki
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Четверг, 11 Май 2006, 09:57:16    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Stupeur et tremblements by Alain Corneau (2003)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318725/#comment
as good as the novel, 9 May 2004
Author: Varboro from France

When I read a novel i like to imagine the character's face, and I liked to see Sylvie Testud as Amelie. The movie is very close to the novel, and in my opinion a good adaptation. All the action takes place in the office of the powerful Yumimoto company, where Amelie gets a job and fails because, even if she is born in japan she is an occidental. Hired as an interpret she soon realize she has no work, except to serve coffee but she is an occidental, and fatality, she fails. The occidental brain is inferior to japanese one. In the end she becomes janitor in the 44th floor toilets.

The movie refers to "merry christmas Mr Lawrence"(named 'Furyo'), another good movie about the opposition between occident and orient. Here we have a different point of view. The poor Amelie tries to conform to japanese way of life, do her best but fails, and don't really understand why all goes wrong ( nor do the spectator, and this is the comic of the movie).

One can find the strict limitation to the office frustrating, as we don't know anything about Amelie's life outside. Well, In the novel Amelie Nothomb writes : this could be leading to think I had no life outside the office, which is wrong. but for a schizophrenic reason, when I was at job in the 44th floor toilets of the yumimoto company I couldn't think of myself as the same person respected and loved by friends outside.

For a similar reason, The other characters remain schematic. Mr Omoshi and Mr Saito are seen through Amelie's eyes as monsters, and we know she is lost and nobody tries to help her or to explain anything.

Even Fubuki is not very developed as a character. Amelie don't know anything about her real life, except she is 29, she works in the company for 7 years and she is too old to marry. But Amelie is a dreamer and she sees Fubuki as the perfect japanese girl, and her imagination leads her from the interpret job to the toilet cleaning...

Sorry, sometimes things are hard to explain, as english is not my natural language, but I think this movie was worth the try. Maybe it is not a masterpiece, but it lies among my favorites. My advice is to see the movie first, then read the novel ( and the other ones from Amelie Nothomb as well)
Zabougornov

СообщениеДобавлено: Четверг, 11 Май 2006, 10:30:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

La Sentinelle by Arnaud Desplechin (1992)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105356/usercomments
When a corpse tells a story..., 17 January 2002
Author: sebastiensicot

La Sentinelle is worth every minutes it lasts, including the decisive ones when the director voluntary mixes the sound track, and the editing, to get us lost. For this film is just as much about sensation as it is about the story of how a dead head was set in the luggage of a young man traveling from Achen to Paris.

As Matthias discovers the head and tries to understand the reasons why it was 'given' to him, he loses all his marks in the small world of Paris French diplomacy bourgeoisie which saw him grow up. A forensic student, he starts to study the head to reveal its pasts... the rest of the plot must not be told, but is worth any thriller.

The real interest of the film is the way it looks at sensations, physic sensations, the nose bleeding, the smoking, the hearing, and the way those sensations always tell us more about the reality than any plot telling would. La sentinelle is not only to be understood as the watcher. The sentinel was also the name given to the nose by the ancient Greeks, meaning the organ of the true sensation. And it is also interesting to quote Merleau Ponty: "The sentinel, this actual body I call mine, which stands silently while i speak and act" (very loose translation from French- 'L oeil et L esprit').

Given that quality, the film is a great thriller as well, the atmosphere is quite similar to the one depicted in 'Les Patriotes'.

Many friends were unhappy at the end of the film, thinking that the film was good but that it didn't give any clue to why and how the dead head was 'given' to Matthias. I do not believe this to be a drawback, this is just the mere consequence of Despleschin playing with our sensations to lose us at the most important part of the film, when all the explanation is given but not heard.

Truly a good reason to see the film a second time and beware.

I would recommend this film to anyone who enjoys unexpected scripts, and upsets.

Along with those qualities, Despleschin's film has just the same other qualities as his other films, great casting, great light, great tempo (pianissimo), great depiction of inter personal communication.

The pace was slow, but the plot was clever and Mr. Salinger was quite believable in the protagonist's role., 12 November 2001
Author: dc1-1 (dc1@cloud9.net) from Mount Kisco, NY

Seeing this film one time will suffice. It was offbeat and at times a bit morbid, but I stuck with it and was glad I did. Not as slow as Antonioni's "Red Desert," which is my measuring stick for movies that make me want to scream, "Get on with it!" The acting was good with a youthful cast that brought credibility to this Parisian story.

An attempted "explication"**SPOILER**, 2 August 2002
Author: larry garner (rgarner@condor.depaul.edu) from chicago

Here are the elements you need to make sense of this film: 1) the initial scene in which a French diplomat tells an anecdote about Yalta which reveals how the big powers "cold-heartedly" disposed of the lives of millions according to the logic of Realpolitik; 2) the character of Bleicher, whose brother fought on the side of the Germans in a French SS unit on the Russian front, was captured, and died in a POW camp in the USSR; Bleicher remains obsessed with retrieving the remains of his brother, while the French State shows little interest in the matter; 3) the characters representing the French Secret Service (Varins & William Mahe'), who were involved in a scheme to smuggle Soviet engineers out of the USSR only to sell them into a kind of techno-slavery to countries interested in their services; 4) the head of one such Soviet engineer who got into some hot water in Sumatra (by putting the head in Mathias' suitcase, Bleicher wants Mathias to embarrass French intelligence). So what you get, in political terms, is a condemnation (rather oblique, admittedly) of big-power politics. So I suppose Desplechins would have been happier if, immediately at the conclusion of WWII, the US had declared war on the Soviet Union, dropped the atom bomb on Moscow, and "liberated" the peoples of Eastern Europe. If that's the director's idea of "humanistic" politics, I'll take Realpolitik any day. One distinctive note in this film: There's not one single character here who is "sympa": not Mathias (too much of a wuss), not his Jewish classmate (captious); certainly not the villains in the French secret service; not Mathias' sister (irritatingly capricious); not the son-of-diplomat diplomat (full of conceit); not even Emmanuelle Devos as Mathias' would-be girlfriend (not worth the trouble wooing her--she fusses much too much).

Dark, haunting story about memory and growing up, 18 January 2001
Author: jfurioli_2000 from New York

A student in medicine finds a severed head, well preserved and embalmed, in his luggage, on a trip from Berlin to Paris. His father is the late French ambasador in Eastern Germany. Why the head is here ? Where does it come from ? Why him ? For what purpose? He doesn't know. At first, he forgets about the head and tries to make friends, builds his life and keep studying but... he soon becomes obsessed with the head. Since he is the only one to know then he bears the responsibility to find out why and for what... The movie starts slowly and gains in intensity as the story develops. The cast is remarkable and the characters are all touching. The magic of the movie is that it possesses the same complexity as a Dostoeivski novel (really). It works in a very subtle way, making its way unnoticed to your mind and memory... I did not like it the first time I saw it, but months after, years after, La Sentinelle came back haunt me... and I had to see it again, just like I sometimes read over again a book that has depths I missed the first time.

Slow moving, but well worth sticking with, 12 May 2002
Author: maxshreck from Ireland

A crackin' suspenseful espionage thriller that thankfully abstains from using Hollywood-style explosions and multiple gunshots to maintain viewers attention. It took me a while and numerous repeat viewings to appreciate and understand this movie, but it was worth the effort. The cast is flawless, particularly Salinger and Todeschini as the reluctant hero and the loathsome villain respectively, who both give galvanizing performances; fantastic cinematography; and a chilling soundtrack which contributes beautifully to the atmosphere- this is French cinema at its best. Mathias' relationship with the head I found particularly compelling, although it may be a bit eerie for all tastes….Basically, if you want a subtle, thought provoking film that doesn't signpost every clever detail, then this is for you.

However, if you are a blockbuster junkie, simply looking for entertainment then steer well clear; I know of only a (very small) handful of people who enjoyed this espionage tale, so beware, this ain't James Bond!

All in all, 7/10 for a thoroughly engrossing, realistic spy story.

a warning, 15 November 1999
Author: yrral-3 from Manchester, CT

save yourself! there's still time. you have not yet subjected yourself to "La Sentinelle," so you can still protect yourself from its two hours and 20 minutes of unparalleled tedium. don't be fooled by that "thriller" label. this movie is a snooze.

Horrendous, 1 July 2002
Author: mcfarlan from Washington, D.C.

Frankly, I'm tired of people liking foreign films simply because they are foreign. La Sentinelle is a french film that tells a dull tale of international espionage. The plot is interesting enough, but the pace of the film is so slow and tedious that it is a great challenge to even last through an entire screening of this mess. One of the immediate problems that I had was the treatment of the severed head throughout the film. When the main character opens his suitcase, he discovers a shriveled head inside. One would think that this would cause some sort of disturbed reaction, however, the acting implied that the head just as well might have been a sandwich. The bottom line is that just because a film is different doesn't make it any more artistic or any better. This was a poorly done cinematic mess which deserves no further comment.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ пїЅ пїЅпїЅ -> Кино и Телевидение Часовой пояс: GMT + 1
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: